Your Yoga: Learning to Love Practice
Sundays, FEB 7th – 28th*
1:00 – 2:30 PM ET: Practice
2:30 – 3:00 PM ET: Q & A
*Class meets @ 10:30 AM ET – 12:00 PM ET FEB 21st only.
Tuition: 4 classes/$80
Follow the clear and concise method charted in Your Year of Yoga: Learning to Love Practice with the book’s author Holly Kostura, Senior Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher!
Practice your way LIVE, ONLINE through the series of thoughtfully-designed sequences in classes taught by Holly, including a restorative-pranayama practice to cultivate deep relaxation of the body and peace of mind.
All level practitioners, including Beginners, will learn how to:
- Establish the foundation of a well-rounded and beneficial Yoga practice.
- Practice methodically, starting from the ground up.
- Master the primary actions of the poses, which are essential ingredients for those new to Yoga practice and for those practicing at the intermediate and advanced levels.
- Connect the primary actions to their therapeutic effects on the body-mind.
- Modify the poses as needed to practice safely and optimally with some knee and hip issues, low back pain, restricted movement in the neck and shoulders, general stiffness, menstruation, etc.
- Integrate the basic principles of Yoga philosophy into the physical practice so the philosophy becomes a dynamic, living experience.
- Improve the quality of their life off the mat with this holistic practice.
- Develop the strength and flexibility required to confidently practice inverted poses. Alternatives/modifications will be taught so these important poses and their life-changing benefits are available to all.
Yoga for Healing the Legs: From Roots to Shoots
Sundays, FEB 28th – MAR 21st
10:30 AM – 12:00 PM ET: Practice
12:00 PM – 12:30 PM ET: Theory
Tuition: 4 classes/$100
This class will focus on the legs, from their shoots to the roots. This course is open to all students who have a desire to learn to optimize and maintain the strength (stability/sthira) and flexibility (mobility/sukha) of the feet and legs, including the toes, ankles, knees and hips.
Intermediate & Advanced Practitioners
What is *this* Yoga?
Tuesdays (Intermediate) & Thursdays (Intermediate & Advanced)
FEB 9th – MAR 4th
4:45 PM – 5:30 PM ET: Theory
5:30 PM – 7:00 PM ET: Practice
Tuition: 1 class/$25
This series of classes are based on a talk given by B.K.S. Iyengar’s granddaughter and about her experience learning to practice and teach “Iyengar’s” YOGa from him in the last decade of his life. Registrants will be sent a copy of a transcript of this talk to read. This theory will be integrated into the well rounded sequences taught in the asana classes.
A Yog(ic) Dance Party!
Sundays, JAN 31st & FEB 14th
10:00 AM – 12:30 PM ET
The focus of the first class will be on the actions required of the lower body (the legs, hips and lumbar spine) in Natarajasana (The Divine Dancer).
Level: Intermediate and Advanced.
The focus of the second class will be on the upper body (the chest, shoulders and thoracic spine) and unifying both halves into one, divine whole.
For more information, including registration, click here.
Pre-registration is required to attend all classes:
- Make payment via Venmo to @Holly-Kostura or PayPal via “Friends and Family” as we cannot absorb processing fees.
- Once your payment is received you will be sent the link to register via Zoom to receive the link to attend this class.
- If you wish to attend in-person, follow the same pre-registration procedure. This will ensure you receive both the link to register to attend class online (if needed) and the class recording for your home practice.
- You must also email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve one of the limited classroom spaces.
- Tuition includes: access to both sessions (theory and practice) and a link to view the recording which will automatically be sent to all registrants after each class. Please note the link expires after 7 days.
*** If you find it hard to pay for classes email email@example.com about our sliding scale tuition program. I welcome the chance to have this important conversation with you. ***